Are you ready to join a team of savvy people in a hi-tech company that focuses on products and processes that reduce Green House Gases, and witness your career take off?
At PyroGenesis Canada Inc, a publicly traded company (NASDAQ/TSX/Fra) and a world leader in the design, development, fabrication, and commercialization of advanced plasma processes, offer you an opportunity to join a team of innovative engineers, scientists and technicians, with a history of success, as we change the world one industry at a time.
We provide technical and manufacturing expertise, turnkey process equipment packages, as well as cutting-edge contract research to some of the most exciting industries: Defense, Additive Manufacturing (3D printing), and Environment.
- Generous medical and dental insurance plan
- Employer-matching RRSP plan
- Training to advance your career
- Team Building events; 5à7, bake sales etc.
- Casual business attire
- Endless supply of caffeine
- Energetic company committed to the well-being of our employees
Located in the hub of Montreal’s exploding creative community, PyroGenesis Canada Inc.’s main office is located in Griffintown Montreal, just minutes from the Lachine Canal bike/pedestrian path; perfect for a lunchtime jog or walk.
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this role, please send us your resume by following the instructions below.
The Process Technician / Chemical Engineering is responsible for monitoring and improving manufacturing and engineering processes. The Process Technician must have a deep understanding of the equipment they are responsible for. He must also assemble small-scale set-ups, perform bench scale tests in a pilot lab or plant, fill out operation sheets and record observations.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Ensure that the work environment is safe
- Support chemical and mechanical engineering teams, when needed
- Collect data and observations during in pilot lab or bench scale tests
- Communicate all essential data through reports to engineers
- Operate different processes at a small-scale or in a plant
- Make non-destructive test set-ups about equipment and materials
- Assemble and modify equipment in pilot plants
- Reconfigure and modify plumbing in pilot plants
- Find solutions to different problems encountered during project manufacture or operation
- Maintain pilot plants
- Communicate actively with the process team
- Fill out various documents for the ISO system
- Occasionally participate in a pilot plant commissioning
- Have the skills to train others to conduct tasks related to processes
- Be available to travel
- Perform other duties as required by the immediate supervisor and for which the person is qualified
Education & Qualifications
- DCS in chemical process techniques/technician in chemical engineering
- Be in good physical condition
- Possess good manual skills
- Good knowledge of the fundamental operations in processes
- English is required for this position as we serve an international clientele
- A few years of experience in the field of chemical processes
- Knowledge in plumbing and ability to used tools safely is an asset
PyroGenesis Canada Inc. thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PyroGenesis Canada Inc. is firmly committed to ensuring a positive and professional working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity within the company.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for the ease of reading, but refers to men, women, and the gender diverse.