Being Process Engineering Lead at Pyro Green-Gas Inc. means putting your technical skills at the service of the environment, supporting a dedicated team, and proposing innovative, tailor-made solutions designed to facilitate the production of clean energy.
Pyro Green-Gas Inc. is a global leader in the design and fabrication of complete gas purification including upgrading systems to produce renewable natural gas from digester biogas and landfill gas application, among others.
Pyro Green-Gras Inc. is a subsidiary of PyroGenesis Canada Inc. a world leader in the design, development, fabrication, and commercialization of advanced plasma processes. Its solutions enable drastic reductions in Green House Gases.
Are you interested in this position and these technological challenges? Come and join a team of innovative engineers, scientists and technicians committed to changing the world of industry and taking concrete action for the environment.
What will your objectives be?
The Process Engineering Lead is responsible for a team of 4 engineers in charge of the design, implementation, commissioning and optimization of processes related to:
- Purification and valorization of biogas to biomethane
- Purification of coke oven gas to produce high purity hydrogen
- Thermal decomposition of waste gases
- Biogas and other process gases solutions sold by the Company
What will your responsibilities be?
The position of Process Engineering Lead at Pyro Green-Gas Inc. is the perfect opportunity to deploy your talents as a technician, manager, team leader, organizer and communicator. Innovation and people come first!
Team & Management
- Provide leadership to the department to achieve the required corporate objectives
- Define the department objectives
- Ensure adequate technical competencies are maintained and developed in the team
- Manage the department’s human resources: recruitment, evaluation, supervision; mentoring of CEPs. It is therefore essential to have been a Registered Member of OIQ for at least 3 years.
- Supervise: oversight, verification and approval of the work of team member
Planning & Control
- Department responsibilities and tasks
- Develop and promote ISO procedures for the Process Engineering Department
- Be the main technical contact with existing clients
- Present concepts and proposals to potential clients
- Develop a network of contacts with suppliers of complementary equipment and technologies
- Develop effective collaboration with Pyro Green-Gas Inc. and PyroGenesis Canada Inc. senior technical management team
The required profile
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- Master’s degree will be highly preferred
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (members of other provincial order or CEP will not be considered for this position): 3+ years process design experience in the oil, gas or chemical industry as a registered member of the OIQ (P.Eng.)
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Organizational skills and hands-on experience: commissioning experience is a strong asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal abilities
- Bilingual English and French (written and spoken)
We’re offering you
- Generous medical and dental insurance plan
- Employer-matching RRSP plan
- Training to advance your career
- Team Building events
- Casual business attire
- Endless supply of caffeine
- A pleasant, friendly working environment just a stone’s throw from the Lachine Canal
The masculine mode is used to simplify the reading of the offer.
Pyro Green-Gas Inc. thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pyro Green-Gas Inc. is firmly committed to ensuring a positive and professional working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity within the company.
Want to know more?
Process Engineering at Pyro Green-Gas
- Study of the customer request for quotation, scope of work and project specifications
- Process simulation
- Preparation of heat and mass balance, preparation of process flow diagram (PFD) and process and instrumentation diagram (P&ID)
- Preparation of preliminary equipment list, sizing of equipment and plant layout
- Proposal preparation including cost estimation
- Commissioning of new biogas purification and oxidation systems sold by the company
- Troubleshooting of systems sold by the company
- Oversight of processes to maintain their optimization
- Monitoring of equipment – including regular testing and ensuring maintenance tasks are carried out
- Completion of documentation to show and ensure compliance with both internal and external regulations and protocols
- Support process technicians in troubleshooting
R&D, process optimization
- Modify and optimize equipment and processes that are already commercialized by the company
- Use of simulation software in the optimization of existing processes and development of new ones
- Risk assessment of the equipment and processes being commercialized (safety, environmental impact)
- Continual evaluation of equipment and processes to ensure that both efficiency and quality remain high
- Develop R&D activities
- Write R&D reports and progress for grants and other purposes