Are you ready to join a team of savvy people in a hi-tech company that focuses on products and processes that reduce Green House Gases, and witness your career take off?
At PyroGenesis Canada Inc, a publicly traded company (NASDAQ/TSX/Fra) and a world leader in the design, development, fabrication, and commercialization of advanced plasma processes, offer you an opportunity to join a team of innovative engineers, scientists and technicians, with a history of success, as we change the world one industry at a time.
We provide technical and manufacturing expertise, turnkey process equipment packages, as well as cutting-edge contract research to some of the most exciting industries: Defense, Additive Manufacturing (3D printing), and Environment.
- Generous medical and dental insurance plan
- Employer-matching RRSP plan
- Training to advance your career
- Team Building events; 5 à 7, bake sales etc.
- Casual business attire
- Endless supply of caffeine
- Energetic company committed to the well-being of our employees
Located in the hub of Montreal’s exploding creative community, PyroGenesis Canada Inc.’s main office is located in Griffintown Montreal, just minutes from the Lachine Canal bike/pedestrian path; perfect for a lunchtime jog or walk.
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this role, please send us your resume by email.
Not the job for you? Check out our CAREERS page to consult other available positions and learn more about PyroGenesis Canada Inc. We are always on the lookout for new talent.
The process engineer is part of the engineering team at PyroGenesis and will work on designing and developing equipment and high-temperature processes. The process engineer will interact with several departments, including project management and fabrication. The Process Engineer will perform the following tasks:
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Design, specification, and selection of process equipment
- Mass and energy balance calculations
- Process simulation (ASPEN)
- Prepare PFDs and P&IDs
- Prepare proposals, technical specifications and technical reports
- Communicate with potential clients to present technical and commercial proposals
- Take part in the projects startup
- Prepare test plans and supervise experimental work at the PyroGenesis Pilot facility
- Perform other duties as required by the immediate supervisor and for which the person is qualified
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Chemical engineering
- Member of Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec
- Knowledge of thermal processes: combustion, gasification, plasma
- Knowledge of Aspen Plus and Visio is an asset
- Knowledge of MS Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and MS Project
- Excellent communication skills
- The knowledge of English is required as we serve an international clientele
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience in process design, PFD and P&ID preparation will be preferred
Salary Range: $60,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
PyroGenesis Canada Inc. thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PyroGenesis Canada Inc. is firmly committed to ensuring a positive and professional working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity within the company.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for the ease of reading, but refers to men, women, and the gender diverse.