Are you ready to join a team of savvy people at a high-tech company specializing in the manufacture of products and processes that reduce greenhouse gases, and see your career take off?
At PyroGenesis Canada Inc., a publicly traded company (TSX/OTCQX/ FRA) and a world leader in the design, development, manufacture and commercialization of advanced plasma processes, we offer you the opportunity to join a team of innovative engineers, scientists and technicians with a successful track record. at a time when we are changing the world of industry.
We provide technical and manufacturing expertise, turnkey process equipment packages, as well as cutting-edge contract research to some of the most exciting industries: Defense Industry, Additive Manufacturing Industry (3D Printing) and Environmental Industry.
- A generous medical and dental insurance plan
- A Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) offered to the employee
- Training to progress professionally
- The organization of events to promote teamwork; 5to7, bake sales, etc.
- Casual professional dress
- A coffee service offered at all times
- We are a dynamic company concerned about the well-being of its employé.es
If you are looking for an exceptional place to work and have what it takes to fill this role, please email us your resume.
It’s not a job for you? Visit our CAREERS page to view other available positions and learn more about PyroGenesis Canada Inc. We are constantly looking for new talent.
The Mechanical Engineering Technician helps build new PyroGenesis prototypes and modify existing systems. Playing an interface role, he must have knowledge of all manufacturing-related positions and departments: Quality, Procurement, Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, Manufacturing, and Installation.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Assemble and manufacture laboratory and pilot scale process equipment
- Modify process equipment and assemblies
- In collaboration with the engineering team, propose and implement improvements
- Participate in pilot- and laboratory-scale tests (process operation)
- Machine various parts for test campaigns
- Document equipment changes and improvements
- Document and obtain approval for deviations from plans during prototype manufacturing and assembly.
- Participate in start-up of pilot- and laboratory-scale equipment (process operation)
- Ensure a safe and clean work environment
- Perform other duties as required by the immediate supervisor and for which the person is qualified
Education & Qualifications
- DEC in Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Knowledge of mechanical production methods and plumbing
- Ability to read drawings and 3D models (AutoDesk Inventor preferred)
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible working hours (according to requirements or emergencies)
- Bilingual French and English (written and spoken)
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in mechanical engineering technology, preferably in an R&D environment
- Experience in pyrometallurgy desirable
PyroGenesis Canada Inc. thanks all candidates for their interest. However, only candidates whose profile most closely matches the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PyroGenesis Canada Inc. is strongly committed to ensuring a positive and professional work environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is to provide a fair and consistent method of filling vacancies, in order to support equal opportunities and cultural diversity within the company.