Are you ready to join a team of savvy people in a hi-tech company that focuses on products and processes that reduce Green House Gases, and witness your career take off?
At PyroGenesis Canada Inc, a publicly traded company (NASDAQ/TSX/Fra) and a world leader in the design, development, fabrication, and commercialization of advanced plasma processes, offer you an opportunity to join a team of innovative engineers, scientists and technicians, with a history of success, as we change the world one industry at a time.
We provide technical and manufacturing expertise, turnkey process equipment packages, as well as cutting-edge contract research to some of the most exciting industries: Defense, Additive Manufacturing (3D printing), and Environment.
- Generous medical and dental insurance plan
- Employer-matching RRSP plan
- Training to advance your career
- Team Building events; 5à7, bake sales etc.
- Casual business attire
- Endless supply of caffeine
- Energetic company committed to the well-being of our employees
Located in the hub of Montreal’s exploding creative community, PyroGenesis Canada Inc.’s main office is located in Griffintown Montreal, just minutes from the Lachine Canal bike/pedestrian path; perfect for a lunchtime jog or walk.
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this role, please send us your resume by clicking on the Apply button below.
As a Machinist / CNC Operator, the primary responsibility will be performing machine shop work and support mechanical fabrication activities as well as maintaining equipment, adhering to quality and safety standards, and keeping detailed part records.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Operating different types of machine tools
- Measuring with precision tools
- Providing maintenance to machine tools
- Fabricating and sharpening new and old cutting tools
- Machining various types of materials
- Using machine tools safely
- Assembly worker
- Cut, Load, and unload raw materials and equipment
- Set up and calibrate accessories and equipment
- Keep detailed records for equipment and procedures
- Perform necessary maintenance and cleaning on equipment
- Supervise machines as they run and make adjustments as needed
- Inspect finished product to ensure it meets required specifications
- Ability to read blueprints and part drawings
- Ability to set up and operate machine tools for drilling, milling and lathe for both CNC and Conventional Machining
- Strong eye for detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Perform other duties as required by the immediate supervisor and for which the person is qualified
Education & Qualifications
- Machinist trade school diploma
- Knowledge of properties of metal and other materials
- Good communication skills
- Good “hands on” skills
- Ability to read shop drawings
- Team worker
- Familiar with Fanuc control
- Familiar with Esprit program
- English is required for this position as we serve an international clientele
- 3 years or more of experience in machine shop and related work
PyroGenesis Canada Inc. thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PyroGenesis Canada Inc. is firmly committed to ensuring a positive and professional working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity within the company.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for the ease of reading, but refers to men, women, and the gender diverse.