Are you ready to join a team of savvy people at a high-tech company specializing in the manufacture of products and processes that reduce greenhouse gases, and see your career take off?
At PyroGenesis Canada Inc., a publicly traded company (TSX/OTCQX/ FRA) and a world leader in the design, development, manufacture and commercialization of advanced plasma processes, we offer you the opportunity to join a team of innovative engineers, scientists and technicians with a successful track record. at a time when we are changing the world of industry.
We provide technical and manufacturing expertise, turnkey process equipment packages, as well as cutting-edge contract research to some of the most exciting industries: Defense Industry, Additive Manufacturing Industry (3D Printing) and Environmental Industry.
- A generous medical and dental insurance plan
- A Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) offered to the employee
- Training to progress professionally
- The organization of events to promote teamwork; 5to7, bake sales, etc.
- Casual professional dress
- A coffee service offered at all times
- We are a dynamic company concerned about the well-being of its employé.es
If you are looking for an exceptional place to work and have what it takes to fill this role, please email us your resume.
It’s not a job for you? Visit our CAREERS page to view other available positions and learn more about PyroGenesis Canada Inc. We are constantly looking for new talent.
The Industrial Construction and Maintenance Mechanics Technician must be creative, with good problem-solving skills. Main duties: maintain, install, repair, troubleshoot and modify installations and equipment. The technician is part of a multidisciplinary team and participates in the assembly and installation of equipment such as pumps, threaded pipe exchangers, scrubbers, blowers, etc.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Install industrial equipment
- Install pneumatic valves such as butterfly valves
- Assemble process equipment
- Perform mechanical, pneumatic and electrical connections on various instruments
- Maintain, repair, and adjust pumps, vacuum pumps and industrial motors
- Perform manual machining and shaping on tubes, pipes and hoses
- Modify various pilot plant and process equipment
- Assemble and modify mechanical systems
- Prepare piping for hydrostatic and other validation tests
- Participate in equipment start-up
- Maintain direct communication with team leader
- Comply with health and safety standards on construction sites and at the pilot plant
- Perform other duties as required by the immediate supervisor and for which the person is qualified
Education & Qualifications
- Minimum level of education: Diplôme d’études professionnelles (DEP)
- Good physical condition to ensure an 8-hour work day
- Ability to lift loads up to 50 lb
- Bilingual English and French (written and spoken)
- Recent DEP graduate to a few years’ experience
- Successful completion of a course in construction and maintenance mechanics preferred, or good experience in industrial mechanics
- Familiarity with basic hand and power tools, such as grinder, drill, band saw, etc.
- Good knowledge of plumbing is an asset.
PyroGenesis Canada Inc. thanks all candidates for their interest. However, only candidates whose profile most closely matches the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PyroGenesis Canada Inc. is strongly committed to ensuring a positive and professional work environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is to provide a fair and consistent method of filling vacancies, in order to support equal opportunities and cultural diversity within the company.