The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for all tasks related to the electrical installation of the systems, from the specification of power equipment to the approval of electrical drawings, and to the commissioning of electrical equipment
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Generate specifications for power supplies used to power plasma torches and arc furnaces
- Generate specifications for electrical distribution equipment, such as motor control centers (MCCs) and electrical distribution panels
- Select the components used in the fabrication of electrical control cabinets. Design the control and power cabinets.
- Perform electrical charge calculations for chemical process systems
- Select the power and control cables according to Canadian, American, or European standards.
- Support short-circuits studies and the application of CSA Z462 standard (electrical safety)
- Ensure that electrical equipment conforms to Canadian (CSA), American (UL, NFPA) or European (CE) standards.
- Safely energize power equipment during system commissioning.
- Generate synoptic and single line diagrams
- Design the power distribution circuits
- Perform other duties as required by the immediate supervisor and for which the person is qualified
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelors’ degree in Electrical Engineering
- Member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec
- Knowledge of EPLAN software an asset
- Knowledge of power supplies (AC/DC converters) an asset
- Knowledge of electrical installation in hazardous locations an asset
- Knowledge of electromagnetic compatibility an asset.
- Available to travel in Canada and abroad occasionally
- Bilingual (written and spoken)
- 5 years minimum experience in industrial power systems
- Experience in the calculation of electric charges
- Experience with conductor voltage drop calculations.
- Experience with taking measurements at 600VAC