The Project Manager (TM) of intermediate level is responsible for delivering different projects with highly technical content in the planned schedule and on budget while maintaining a high level of quality and customer satisfaction.
The PM works in a dynamic environment of innovation where teamwork and a sense of initiative are central.
This position involves work at the office as well as at the PyroGenesis plants in the Montreal area. Travel may be required to customer plants or at subcontractor facilities, in Quebec or abroad, 5% to 10% of the year, 1 – 3 weeks at a time.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Manage all aspects of a project, from concept to fabrication, assembly, coordinating with the customer, and coordinating supervision for installation and commissioning of complete systems at site, with the possibility of going to site, depending on the project.
- Follow all project management processes.
- Participate in respecting Health, Safety & Environment
- Manage the human resources, materials, and financials of each project to ensure success
- Prepare projects budget and schedule while ensuring quality control
- Track procurement and fabrication activities of equipment, both internal and external
- Identify and manage consultants and subcontractors
- Manage communications with clients, their expectations and document meetings
- Coordinate project management activities, deliverables, and project stakes
- Document and execute changes to project scope, schedule, and materials
- Contribute to the technical design and selection of systems and equipment
- Do all other tasks as per instructions of your supervisor for which you are qualified
Education & Qualifications
- Only experience in an industrial environment will be considered
- An Engineering Degree in multidisciplinary, process, mechanical, chemical, electrical/automation or metallurgical engineering
- A PMP certificate or university certificate in formal project management is required
- Highly organised and good communication skills with tact and diplomacy
- To be diligent, rigorous, and meticulous with a sense of discernment for a case-by-case basis
- Capacity to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Capacity to adapt to different projects and customer needs from other cultures
- Significant experience with MS Office, especially MS Excel and MS Projects
- At least 5 years of experience as a multidisciplinary project engineer in industry