The Plasma Torch Technician is responsible for testing plasma torches at PyroGenesis, as well as installation, commissioning, and training at PyroGenesis’ customers sites and internally. He plays an important role in the development of torches
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Engineering assistance for the design and technical specifications of plasma torches
- Supporting the development of plasma torches: design, assembly, operating parameters, optimization.
- Planning, conducting and documenting plasma torch tests at PyroGenesis
- Maintenance and preparation of plasma torch test equipment.
- Validation of installation and operation manuals
- Supervision of the installation and commissioning of plasma systems at customer’s site. On site Customer training.
- Perform other duties as required by the immediate supervisor and for which the person is qualified.
Education & Qualifications
- DEC (Technical college degree) in mechanical engineering technology and/or industrial automation or equivalent
- Skills in high voltage, high current and low current electricity (signals)
- Skills in industrial automation (on-site adjustment of PLC programs and operator interfaces)
- Skills in industrial instrumentation (on site troubleshooting)
- Skills in maintenance and troubleshooting of industrial process equipment and electrical equipment
- License “C” electricity or equivalent desired.
- Available to travel internationally approximately 30-50% of the time.
- Bilingual (written and spoken).
- 5-10 years of experience with DC thermal plasma torches,
- Experience in operation and/or commissioning industrial processes
- Experience with plasma spray processes, plasma cutting, or other pertinent experience with plasma torches and systems